While doing some research on the Toyota Celica Supra mk2 (aka Toyota Celica XX in Japan) I found this hilarious photo:
There is a Toyota Celica Supra mk2 P-Type parked on top of the last model Mazda Protegé (aka Mazda 323 and Mazda Familia) sedan in a typical parking lot. It is clearly a face-lifted P-type (Performance type) Celica Supra as it features the dished 7 inch wide Celica Supra wheels, the overfenders and the wraparound front indicators. It could be a MA61 or MA67 (sources differ on this matter) but it clearly is (or was) a mint Toyota Celica Supra mk2.
Now what went wrong here? Did the owner just confuse the pedals? Or did he/she try to conquer the Mazda Protegé? Or did he/she tried to park sideways? We’ll probably never know…
Found at: Failblog
I knew there have been various sizes of these Celica Supra rims: 15 inch 6J (mine/Supra/Soarer/Carina), 14 inch 7J (the most wanted), 14 inch 5.5J, but apparently there was also a 13 inch (5J?) rim made:
Aren’t they cute??? 😉
Found at Club4AG
As I said earlier today (I’m in a different timezone): if I encounter more nice cars I’ll definitely post them. So how about a well used Toyota Corolla AE86 GT-S in the Milpitas Wallmart parkinglot?
While I was taking this photo the owner returned (hence this photo turned out not entirely sharp) and I had a short chat with him. He told me he is on the verge of buying a Scion FR-S as he is tired of continuously repairing an old and tired car. He offered me the car for sale but I friendly declined the offer. It will simply not fit in my suitcase and I guess my wife will kill me if I returned home and explained I just paid a fortune to ship a car to Europe. 😉
From every angle you can see that the sunny weather in California isn’t doing any good to the car: Continue reading
I have seen a couple of topless Toyota Celica AA63 before, but never a Celica Supra mark II. That was until now…
Yes, someone chopped off the roof of this Celcia Supra MA61. Or even better: someone did this professionally!
Now the most interesting part of this car is the rear: Continue reading
I made a tough decision last Monday: my Carina is for sale!
The reason why? Well I got an offer for a (project) car that I can’t refuse. 😉
My goal is to sell the whole as one lot, but if some buyer decides not to buy all the parts/JDM stuff I’ll put that here for sale seperately. So what does the whole package include?
Toyota Carina 1.6 DX TA60 Automatic
Built: 1982 (July)
Color: white (cream)
Mileage: 91874 km
Interior: black/cream white
The Carina has always had its checkups at a Toyota dealer and looks great for its age, but naturally there are some small points of attention: white stains on the windshield (outside viewing range so no MOT problem), rust on C-pilar near the left rear door, small parking dent on the right rear door but there is no scratch in the paint (some unknown person bumped into mine on a parkinglot and left without leaving a note).
The car has APK (Dutch MOT) till 7th of July 2013, exhaust has been replaced three years ago, waterpump last year and the car had its 90000 km checkup at the Toyota dealer October last year.
During the 90000 km checkup rust was revealed in the rear inner fenders and early 2013 this has been professionally fixed (by 2mmm sheetmetal) and the floorpan is now solid and rust free.
APK will naturally be prolonged by 2 years.
- 15 inch Celica Supra mk2 rims with Falken ZIEX 912 195/60R15 tires (5mm profile)
- Toyota Corolla AE86 steering wheel (GT Twincam 16)
- 2 three point seatbelts and 1 hip seatbelt in the rear (kidsfriendly!)
- JDM Toyota Soarer MZ10 centercaps
- JDM tail lights (originals are easily restored)
- JDM License plate holder
- JDM Carina mudflaps at the read (got a Carina logo)
- Koni shocks (yellow) ar the front (replaced 4 years ago)
- Original Toyota cassette radio with automagic antenna
- Yellow Marchal foglights
Extra parts (not mounted on the car):
- Original TA60 steel rims with centercaps
- Original tail lights
- Koni shocks (red) to be mounted on the rear axle
- New disk rotors
- JDM AA63 Gauge cluster (including tacho, oil pressure, etc)
- JDM quad headlights (needs work)
- Various new old stock panels: front fenders left and right, rear quarter panel right, bootlid and front valance
- New old stock read bumper
- New old stock EUDM grill
- Diamond shaped JDM grill of an AA60 ST
- Rebuilt JDM quad headlight grille and surrounding
- Shabby JDM quad headlight grille and surrounding
- FOHA spoilerset from the early 80s (front air dam and bootlid spoiler)
- Rebuilt TA40 gearbox (T50, 5 speed)
- Celica TA40 propshaft
- Celica TA40 flywheel
- Celica TA40 dual carb (2TB)
- A lot of small parts like extra sidelights and such
Asking price: 3950 euro
Price with or without parts is negotiable.
Apparently the contact form was broken for a while. Just fixed it…
Yesterday I already shared this photo:
And the reason for reposting it now is that I actually forgot to take photos of two important hachis: Oldskull’s and Mark’s three door hatchback Levins! This one does include Oldskull’s AE86 but not Mark’s.
Anyway, ChiKin was by far the youngest of the group but managed to attract most attention with his white panda zenki Sprinter Trueno GT Apex: Continue reading